Harvest Mouse Wood Carving is committed to protecting your personal privacy.
This statement explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us whether it is online or via phone, mobile, email, letter or other correspondence.
By using our website and providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this statement.
1. Data Protection Laws
In carrying out our day to day activities we process and store personal information relating to our customers/members/clients and we are therefore required to adhere to the regulations of the Data Protection Act 1998/General Data Protection regulations 2018 (GDPR).
We take our responsibilities under these Acts very seriously and we ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that Act and all other acceptable data protection laws regulations including, but not limited to, the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations.
Personal data in our databases is only accessible by appropriately trained staff that may need to access your personal information from time to time. We employ security technology including firewalls and encryption to safeguard personal data, and have procedures in place to ensure that paper, computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
2. What personal information do we collect?
This includes your name, email address, postal address, telephone number(s).
Sensitive Personal Information
We DO NOT collect this type of information
3. Where do we collect data from?
In most cases we collect data when you give it to us.
We collect personal information about you when you:
• Ask about our activities
• Register with us
• Purchase something from out store
• Engage with our Social media or message board
• Or otherwise give us personal information
4. How do we use your data?
Where we have your consent, we will use your data
• To send you direct marketing e.g. upcoming events. This could be via email, postal mail, SMS (text) or telephone.
• To invite you to participate in our evening / weekend events or any other extra function.
It is in our legitimate interest to use your data
• For administration purposes
• For internal record keeping, such as management of feedback or complaints.
• To analyse and improve the services we offer
• To contact you for administration purposes
• To send you direct marketing unless you ask us no to.
We use your data to fulfil a contract e.g.
• To complete orders that you have placed through our website.
We WILL NOT use your information for marketing purposes is you have asked us not to. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure we do not continue to contact you for marketing purposes.
5. Credit, debit card payment information
We will never store your credit or debit details following completion of your transaction. All card details and validation codes are securely destroyed once payment has been processed.
6. Information sharing and disclosure
We will not sell or swap your information with any third party.
We may disclose your personal information to third parities if we are required to enable us to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or right under agreement; or to protect us, for example, in the case of fraud or defamation.
We do not share your information for any other purposes.
7. The accuracy of your information
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any other information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us, or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure that it is amended and updated as soon as possible.
8. Storing your information
We take great care to ensure that your data is kept secure always.
We will keep your information for as long as required to enable us to operate but we will not keep your information for any longer than is necessary. When we no longer need to retain your information, we will ensure that your information is securely disposed of.
9. Changes to the statement
We will regularly review and update this Privacy and Data Protection Statement and when necessary add or remove sections at our discretion. We will ensure that our website has the most up to date version. Your continued use of our website and continued provision of personal information after we have posted any changes to these terms will be taken to mean you agree with those changes.
10. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, these are the right to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
• Access to your personal information and certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
• Ask us to remove your personal information
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain situations.
• Object at any time to using your personal information for direct marketing
For further information, please see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual right under the General Data Protection Regulation.